Your Pre-NYE Beauty Routine: Treat Yourself to a Facial Like Heidi Klum!
Courtesy Heidi Klum
How is Heidi Klum prepping for New Year’s Eve? By pampering her skin! The supermodel shared a snap on Instagram of her post-Christmas facial and now all we want to do is make an appointment at the spa.
But if you can’t fit a visit to the esthetician into your busy schedule, we rounded up some at-home treatments that will have your skin feeling vibrant and glowy as you ring in the new year. Below, our picks from an under-$5 mask to one super-luxe celeb staple!
• Freeman Feeling Beautiful Avocado & Oatmeal Facial Clay Mask: This drugstore buy will only set you back $3.99, so yes, it’s a no brainer. Use it whenever your skin is feeling dry, like after a ski trip.
• Maijan Facial Steamers: First let this blend of organic leaves, herbs and oils soak in hot water. Then let it “steam” your face! Simple. In editor Alex Apatoff’s own words: “I’d totally do this again — it was so relaxing and I was pleasantly surprised at how well it delivered without any chemicals.”
• Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream: Revlon ambassador Olivia Wilde tipped us off to this stuff. “Gucci Westman [Revlon’s Global Artistic Director] turned me on to that. She slathers it on like a mask,” she told PEOPLE. “It feels so good.”
• ESPA Essential Cleansing Mask: This is a step up from drugstore masks and is great for sensitive and/or oily skin. The magic ingredients: Kaolin Clay and Rose Geranium, which help clear excess oils and impurities.
• Lancôme’s Génifique Anti-Aging Mask: You might not want to test this one out in front of your boyfriend (Style Director Andrea Lavinthal found that out the hard way). Even though it looks scary, this gel and paper sheet mask gives dry, dull winter skin a boost in 20 minutes. End of story.
• La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Sleep Mask: If you have an extra $300 to blow (don’t buy those pricy shoes, splurge on your skin instead!), this stuff is pretty insane. You get 20 uses (think 20 facials) out of one bottle. Read one editor’s review here.
What skin products are you loving right now? What are your New Year’s beauty resolutions? Sound off below!