Stylewatch Style News Now
7 Things You Can Do With This Gorgeous Scarf (Besides Wear It Around Your Neck)
We’re so into these handmade gold-flecked scarves (which cost just over 50 bucks with our exclusive discount code) because they’re gorgeous, on-trend and have a way of elevating a basic outfit. But we have a few more reasons to love then. Watch the video below then read on for all the amazing uses.
Don’t forget to enter STYLE15 at checkout to get an extra 15% off the cost (for first-time Joyus shoppers only). And if you’re not a first-time shopper, you’ll still get free shipping on the scarf.
Okay, ready to read all the ways editors here are using the scarf when they’re not wearing it around their necks? Here goes…
1. Update your everyday bag by folding up the scarf a few times then tying it on the handle or strap (just like we show in the video).
2. Wear it as a head wrap or turban. See: Kourtney Kardashian for inspiration.
3. Use the scarf as a beach coverup. Wear it as a skirt by wrapping it around you and tying it at the waist. Or wrap it around your torso as you would a towel, but take the two ends, cross them over each other at your décolletage and tie them behind your neck. This creates a halter-like dress.
4. Fold it in half length-wise and lie it down your dining room table as a table runner. This works both over a solid, contrasting tablecloth or on a bare wood or glass table. Add gold accents (think: napkin rings, chargers, vases) to the table to play off the gold specks in the scarf.
5. Drape the scarf over the back of the sofa as if it were a throw. This is a cheap and easy way to update the color scheme of the living room without having to drop hundreds on a new couch.
6. Speaking of updating your couch, buy two of the scarves and follow these instructions for no-sew pillow covers to disguise boring old pillows and create brand-new, chic ones.
7. Wrap a present in the scarf. The recipient gets two items in one and you get the reputation of being a stellar gift-giver.
Order the scarf here and Tweet (@stylewatchmag) or Insta (@peoplestylewatchmag) us a picture to show us how you’re wearing/using it.