5 Style Rules Jessica Alba Swears By
Courtesy Sara Jaye Weiss/Startraks
Jessica Alba does not fall short in the style department. Whether she’s running around town in her signature jeans-and-tee look or more glammed up for an event, she always brings her fashion A-game — which is probably why she was recently named a Guest Editor at Piperlime. As a new rep there, she joins fellow Guest Editors Rachel Zoe and Olivia Palermo in selecting her favorite fall picks from the brand’s collection. (Which basically means that you get to see what she likes best and then buy every single thing she recommends. Just saying.)
PEOPLE sat down with Alba at the Piperlime store in Manhattan on Wednesday, where the brand threw a party to welcome her to the team, to talk all style everything. Here are her five style rules for fall — we suggest you copy and paste these straight into your phone for future ref.
1. Crop tops are cool, as long as they’re not the full-baring kind. “I like crop tops; I’m not mad at that,” she reveals. “But the full-baring kind? No. I’ve done that. That was my No Doubt phase.”
2. Platform tennis shoes also make the cut. “I’m actually into the way the platform tennis shoe has evolved,” she says. “I like the way Isabel Marant made it — I think it’s cute in that chunky way.”
3. Thigh-high boots, however? Not so cool. “I can’t get down with them!” she exclaims. “They cut off your circulation. And when they don’t cut off your circulation, they look so bulky.”
4. Leather’s basically the new black. “You can really pair it with anything,” she gushes. “From denim to a cotton T-shirt to a silk blouse to a sweater. Sports sweaters with a leather skirt look super cute.”
5. Annnnnd you can never have too many pairs of jeans. Or bags. “I can’t even [talk about how many I own],” she confides. “It’s a problem. My husband talks to me about it: ‘Is it really necessary to have another bag?'” [Editor's note: Yes, Cash Warren, it is always necessary to have another bag.]
Do you agree with Alba’s style rules? Which one do you like most?