Jessica Alba's 5 Beach Essentials (Abs Not Included)
We can help you buy her bikinis – the body, we can’t do anything for. Famous for her rock-hard figure, Jessica Alba always looks flawless while enjoying a day at the beach. So how does she manage to stay stylish even when basking in the sun? The actress let’s us in on her summer essentials.
1. Kick off your heels and slip on some flats! “I’m always on the go during the summer, so I love shoes like Jenni Kayne’s D’Orsay flats,” says the mom of two, “They’re light and easy to [take off]—that way I can jump right into playing with my girls.”
2. Buy more than one pair of these vibrant shades from Knockaround because, Alba advises “they come in a ton of great colors and, if they get lost at the beach, they are not too expensive to replace.”
3. Invest in a chic cover-up. Sure, this Tory Burch caftan is a bit pricy, but it’s like three outfits in one (plus you’re saving on the sunglasses!). “This a great summer cover-up because it allows you to easily transition from the pool, to an afternoon lunch, to alfresco dinner,” Alba explains. “Super-chic and easy to wear.”
4. Look for product that does double duty. “Summer sun, salt water and pools can wreak havoc on your hair,” Alba says. “I spritz on our Honest Conditioning Mist before hitting the water to protect my hair and keep it tangle free.” An added bonus: “It’s also perfect for enhancing those beachy waves.”
5. Pick a great combo like this Koh Gen Do Gel and Mask. “To keep summer skin fresh and glowing, I turn to this exfoliating and moisturizing pair because they are effective but gentle,” says the actress.
For more on Alba’s summer essentials, pick up the new issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands Friday, and tell us: What do you think of the actress’s must-haves? Which one do you want to buy?
–Michelle Ward with reporting by Jackie Fields