Met Gala 2013: The 10 Most Daring Dresses
Filmmagic; Wireimage; Getty
We narrowed down the stars’ wildest looks to the ones below. And by “daring” we mean just that — not worst, just wildest. Tell us if you agree with our picks below!
The Top 10 Most Daringly Dressed
1. Nina Dobrev in a Monique Lhuillier molded jumpsuit with a black leather harness tulle overskirt and Rupert Sanderson pumps — do we have to explain beyond “black leather harness tulle overskirt?”
2. Beyoncé in Givenchy by Riccardo Tisci — Think this isn’t so daring? Wait’ll you see the matching boots.
3. Katy Perry in Dolce & Gabbana — because if you’re ever going to wear a look straight from the runway, crown, cross earrings and all, the Met Gala is definitely the time to do that.
4. Madonna in custom Givenchy Haute Couture by Riccardo Tisci with pink Casadei pumps — trust us, you’ll understand once you see this one.
5. Nicole Richie in custom Topshop — the dress was lovely, but really, it was all about the hair.
6. Allison Williams in a sheer black Altuzarra gown with lace patchwork — because Marnie definitely wouldn’t approve.
7. Elle Fanning in Rodarte — her sister’s comparatively simple gown made our best-dressed list, Elle’s tie-dye look (and matching eye makeup) gave us much more to discuss.
8. Kristen Stewart in Stella McCartney — burgundy jumpsuit with burgundy pants? Only the bold K.Stew could pull it off with aplomb.
9. Lily Collins in Moschino — we discussed her fabulous eye makeup; now we need to talk about her studded vintage leather jacket and safety pin-embellished black gown.
10. Sarah Jessica Parker in Giles Deacon and Philip Treacy — because obviously.