Stylewatch Style News Now
Katie Holmes's Met Gala Makeup: All the Exclusive Details
When you think of the word “punk,” two names that probably don’t come immediately to mind are Katie Holmes and Bobbi Brown.
But for the Met Gala, they defied expectations, as the face of the brand wore a look created for her by Genevieve Herr for Bobbi Brown.
“She showed us a photo of the dress and the hair was going to be up, a little punk, so I pictured her with dark eyes,” Herr tells PEOPLE exclusively. “We wanted to make nice, beautiful classic smoky eyes with a strong touch. But not scary!”
Because Holmes is usually seen with a fresh face, a smoky eye was a little out of her comfort zone, which Herr totally admits: “It’s a completely a different Katie!” she exclaims.
Want to get a similar look? Follow Herr’s easy at the bottom of the post to get your own pretty, punk-y look.
Tell us: What do you think of Holmes’s makeup?
–Alex Apatoff, reporting by Andrea Lavinthal
1. Line close to the top and bottom lash lines with black pencil, then smudge with fingers.
2. Blend “one coat on top of another” of bronze cream shadow around the lid and over the liner.
3. Powder the eye to set the shadow, then use black caviar eyeshdaow in the outer corners of the eye to create “a smoke.”
4. Curl lashes and set with two coats of mascara.
6. Finish with cream blush in pale pink, shimmer highlighter and a peachy nude lip.