Stylewatch Style News Now
Lauren Conrad On Her Line: “I Was the One Who Asked to Take a Couple Seasons Off”
This Monday, Hills star Lauren Conrad‘s rep confirmed to PEOPLE.com that the star is putting her eponymous clothing line on hiatus in light of the current economy, and today the L.C. is taking to her MySpace page to blog about the decision. Listing her current mood as “excited,” the star says, “A few days ago a statement was released to the showrooms that carry my clothing line. It asked them to let the stores know that I was planning to take a couple seasons off from my line so that I could make some changes that I felt were necessary.” But, she clarifies, “As a result, a lot of people were under the impression that my line was being discontinued or had been dropped. This isn’t the case at all. The truth is I was the one who asked to take a couple seasons off.” The star goes on to explain that she decided to put the collection on pause to apply the industry knowledge she acquired over the past year. She also addresses a criticism that has been targeted at the collection, saying that she wants to make production changes that will lower the price point. So when can we expect to see the collection back in stores? “I have spent the last couple weeks working on designs for spring,” she says, “which is when I am planning to bring the (new and improved) line back.” Tell us: Are you looking forward to seeing Lauren back in the design game in 2010?