Stylewatch Style News Now
Top 10 Trends of 2007
Wondering what the big trends for the New Year are? PEOPLE Magazine Senior Editor Galina Espinoza appeared on the Today Show this morning to give you the lowdown on the Top 10 trends featured in the February 2007 issue of StyleWatch. If you didn’t catch Galina this morning, tune in tonight to Extra at 7pm to hear all about the trends from PEOPLE Magazine Style Editor Clarissa Cruz. Here’s our hit list of things you will need in your wardrobe for 2007.
1. Bright Accessories Greens, fuchsias and even neons are the hottest shades for shoes, belts and bags. In patent, they’re the ultimate look-at-me accents like these Belle by Sigerson Morrison peep-toe wedges, $290, 212-941-5404
2. Day Clutches will be the new alternative to the oversize satchel. Try the Gustto “Patent Puchette” white leather clutch, $395, Henri Bendel, 212-247-1100
3. Lucite Try chunky beads with basic black for a futuristic but sophisticated look. Check out these clear winners at alexisbittar.com.
Click through to the next page to read the rest of the Top Ten Trends list
Photo:INF; Jeff Harris
5. Silver The metallic of the season! Not just for accessories; try this shimmering look in clothes too. Get the look with this silver skinny belt from Express, $29.50, expressfashion.com for store locations, Bebe quilted leather satchel, $159, bebe.com or 877-232-3777 or these open-toe “Bea” wedges from Ashley Dearborn, $235, Bloomingdale’s 800-472-0788.
6. Cobalt & Yellow Bold and beautiful! These unexpected colors burst onto the runway and red carpet this season. Gold jewelry adds warmth and gives balance to these high-voltage hues like on this Cynthia Steffe jersey necklace tank, $175, The Shak at Stanley Korshak, 214-871-3641. For yellow check out this Hanly chiffon T-shirt with leather detailing, $355, Henri Bendel, 212-535-4955.
7. Rosettes Dresses were covered in these pretty posies on the runway. But for real life, one strategically placed bloom on a dress top, or skirt will do the trick.
8. Cutout Wedge The platform wedge feels less heavy in this latest variation. We recommend the “June” by Betsey Johnson cork wedge slingbacks, $190, coming soon to amazon.com.
9. Wide Trousers Temper this retro masculine style with a feminine top and platforms or high heels. Get the look with a pair of Adam & Eve wool high waisted pleated pants, $295, Neiman Marcus, 877-634-6264.
10. Minidresses Short and loose. It’s the season of the dress. Pair this flirty style with a pair of high wedges. You legs will go for miles. See how short these starlets went here.