StyleWatch Style News Now

Style News Now

Tell Us: What's Your Favorite Mascara?

09/29/2006 at 02:09 PM ET

We know that we are all passionate about lip gloss, but what’s the other thing we can’t leave our homes without? Mascara! It’s a must-have in the morning. Some of our favorites include the classic Lancome Definicils, Maybelline Great Lash, and the new Chanel Inimitable, all shown here. Click through to the next page to read more of our favorites and then tell us: What is YOUR favorite mascara?

I am a slave to the pink-and-green tube! Maybelline Great Lash (in very black) is pretty much the only thing I’ll put on my lashes. It lengthens yet separates the lashes, and pretty much eliminated my need for an eyelash curler. (I do use an eyelash comb, however.) It’s super-cheap, yet still works better than any of the expensive brands I’ve tried.OH — and Smashbox. That’s pretty awesome as well.

To fake the fake lashes look, I use two coats of Dior Diorshow Mascara in Black. It gives me long, voluminous, black lashes that never flake. It’s my holy grail of mascaras!

Click through to the next page for more favorites and to leave a comment!

To see more of our favorite Beauty products click here

Photo: neimanmarcus.com; drugstore.com; neimanmarcus.com

Sandi says:
I must confess that I am a big fan of the Maybelline Intense XXL with the primer. L’Oreal also makes some decent mascaras.

On the high end side, Chanel and Lancome.

Ps- I do NOT understand the obsession with Maybelline Great Lash.

Fran says:
I love Lancome Definicils…It makes your eyelashes REALLY long and conditions them too. And, I have sensitive eyes and this masacara doesn’t bother me one bit. I also love how skinny it is…takes up no room at all in my makeup bag!

Rebekah says:
I love the age-old Maybelline Great Lash. I keep trying different mascaras and always seem to end up with a classic pink tube of either washable (green wand!) or waterproof (black wand!). I think it’s the fact that I grew up seeing this same mascara in the makeup bags of my mom and her sisters that has led me to keep it as a favorite.

Julia says:
I’ve been using mascaras by L’Oreal ever since I found out a few years ago that they’re owned by the same parent company as Lancome. Hey, I have nothing but love for Lancome, but developing an addiction to their fabulous mascaras can be $$$. L’Oreal’s FeatherLash or Voluminous seems to do the trick, making my stick-straight lashes appear fuller without weighing them down. And at around $10 a pop, the bargain hunter in me loves the price.

Melissay L-G says:
I think I have tried every mascara on the market! Love Lancome, the new Chanel is great. I love Maybelline Lash Discovery for getting every last lash, but the best are YSL’s Intense Lengthening and Dior Ultimeyes which are both amazing for long, super black lashes.

Karen says:
I’ve got one. Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof in Very Black. It stays on all day, not too thick and never clumps. Usually only need one coat.

Kevyn Aucoin mascara- the volume formula. My eyelashes are naturally really long and I am afraid to use a curler, with this mascara, I don’t even need one. It opens up my eyes and stays on forever- even if I cry or get caught in the rain. I love it!

Elizabeth says:
My favorite mascara is…whatever’s closest to me. Ok, seriously. Let’s see, I am loving MAC Zoom Lash right now because it’s not too thick and doesn’t end up underneath my eyes.

Janice says:
Almay Bright Eyes Mascara. It doesn’t flake, it doesn’t go on too thick and it doesn’t clump on the brush after you open it. Perfect for long lashes.

Julie says:
Forget the expensive mascaras — I’ve tried them all. But I’m all about Almay One Coat Nourishing Waterproof Mascara. My lashes really do look thicker–and no clumping or flaking. (Do I sound like an ad?)

Your Reaction

On Newsstands Now

On Newsstands Now

Robin Roberts: How Loved Saved Me
  • Robin Roberts: How Loved Saved Me
  • Emma and Andrew: All About Hollywood's Cutest Couple
  • Prince George! More Yummy Photos

Pick up your copy on newsstands

Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine

Ainsley on

I love the Max Factor one with the rubber brush

Kristy on

I absolutely live by the pink and green tube of Maybelline Great Lash, in my book is perfect! I’ve tried others but always come back to the classic. I won’t leave home without it!

Mary J. on

I love the new Ultimate Mascara by Mary Kay. It’s the most advanced mascara I’ve ever used, and I abandoned my eyelash curler after I tried it. The “smart-wipe” technology of the tube and brush prevents clumps, so putting it on is easy.

marina on

Lancome Hypnose is the best!!

jen on

lancome is the best. people always ask me what brand of mascara i use!

Sarah on

I absolutely love Prescriptives Lash Envy. I’ve tried them all and this one gives me great colour, length and volume!! I used to use their False Eyelash mascara but this new one gives me even more lash volume.

Abbie on

Yay Marina! I’m a Mary Kay consultant, and the Ultimate Mascara is the newest and best out there! I LOVE it and many of my customers are quickly being converted!

Ames on

I will stand by my personal favorite Clinique High Impact Mascara. Everyone thinks I have fake lashes on, but it’s just the magic green tube!

Jenn on

I’m so in love with Cover Girl’s Lash Exact mascara! It’s the ONLY mascara I’ve ever used that doesn’t clump and end up looking gloopy :)

Chelle on

I am a TOTAL freak about mascara!…it’s the one cosmetic that i ALWAYS have on…i am constantly trying new kinds to see which one is the best…here’s my suggestions…THE BEST MASCARA: Fresh Supernova…THE GOOD MASCARA: Smashbox, L’Oreal (for the penny pincher in me)…THE BEST PRIMER: Victoria’s Secret…THE TERRIBLE MASCARA: Clarins, Too Faced, Maybelline (I don’t know why so many people love this mascara??), Benefit BADgal Lash (the brush is WAY too big for my eyes–ends up all over!), and MAC (although I am a huge fan of MAC, their mascara has nothing to offer)

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | … 15 | Next | Show All