09/28/2006 at 10:17 AM ET

Last night’s episode eleven of Project Runway began with the designers selecting their models and being sent on to Nina Garcia‘s offices at Elle for their assignment. They each had to make a look that defines who they are as designers, along with picking three words to encapsulate it. Michael took his time deciding what to do, and Uli tore hers apart at the end of the first day. The designers then had to photograph their models in the outfits in a representative way to turn over to the judges. After naming Uli the winner for her short tie-dye dress, the judges decided that the other three contestants had enough promise that they should all show at Bryant Park. No one was eliminated, and there will be four finalists! Click through to the next page to read more and leave a comment.

Photo: Barbara Nitke/Bravo

I’m not really sure what the point of this episode was. It’s a challenge no one loses? I agree with the judges. Everyone was off their game: Michael, let’s talk about not imitating the bad Versace years. And Uli’s dress that won looked like every other dress she has made — just a few inches shorter. Highlight of the show for me was watching Jeffrey pretend to be a bull while wearing an evening gown. Oh yeah, and that Vincent wasn’t on it. The reunion should be fairly entertaining though.

Though it was good for them, it was very anticlimactic that all four designers got to go to Fashion Week. (An aside: I chuckled remembering when Melissa and I analyzed the Project Runway finalists’ runway shows and tried to figure out which finalist wasn’t a real finalist — little did we know!!). Jeffrey was arrogant as normal (dissecting all his fellow contestants’ strengths — likening Laura’s designs to mothballs and chicken soup???) and though Uli ultimately won the challenge, her dress was just a shorter version of what she normally designs. I, too, enjoyed Jeffrey in drag — one of the few moments when he’s let his guard down and stopped glooming and dooming.

I too was very disappointed with all the designs. I feel like we had either already seen them or they were just not that good. I really wanted to cry for Michael. He is such a good designer, but is not working with his strengths. Laura is just so boring to me. And well I could have picked Uli’s dress out in a second. While I did really like the bead work and slit in the front, it was so typical! I have to confess that I did like Jeffrey’s dress- did I think it represented him? No way! His couture dress, his travel outfit did- this definitely didn’t. Even though I didn’t want to see any of them go, I wish they would have just told us in the beginning that all four were going to Bryant Park.   It felt so unfulfilling.

Anne Marie and I did the same thing at the finalists’ show, going nuts trying to figure out who the decoy was! (On a historical note, it was TOTALLY obvious Austin was the fake finalist in season one—not only did I spy—gasp!–safety pins on his creations, he, drama queen that he was, acted like he was going to expire from shame. Season two’s Kara Janx, on the other hand, was so enthusiastic and happy just to show, I couldn’t tell she was the decoy.) Anyway, I’m glad that all four get to show…call me a softy, but I couldn’t stand seeing Michael’s eyes fill with tears when he thought he was getting the boot.
p.s. I hope they show Jeffrey’s baby momma on the finale!

I’m so jealous of those of you who have seen the collections! I can’t wait. Yes, this episode was a tad disappointing, but after just one week sans PR, I was thrilled to have it back. What are we going to do when it’s all over? I am seriously worried that my Tim Gunn withdrawal will be more than I can bare. On this episode, I think we finally got to see Uli shine. I do have a soft spot for her, but she has so much spunk. She really kicked it. And Jeffrey, for all his venom, is human underneath the neck tattoos. I too loved watching him parade around the work room like a three-year old playing superman. In the end, none of the designs wowed me. But, I agree with judges decision to let all four in. Why not?

Some of Tim Gunn’s Tim Gunniness seems to have gone missing. Was it Santino who brought it out in him? He feels a little off his normally sparkling game. I hope he gets it back on the home visits to the four finalists.

By the way, my husband, who has confused Salvatore Ferragamo with the guy who used to play the Incredible Hulk on TV, called it early in the show: He knew no one was going home.

Can’t wait for the reunion, either. Just that snippet made me wish they had kept Malan around a little longer. I hope to hear that his mama was proud of him.

Although there was nearly not enough Tim Gunn for me (what, was it finals week at Parsons?), this episode rocked. I was terrified that Michael was going to be sent home due to that poorly made dress (seriously, any woman wearing that is just begging for bronchitis), so I am glad all of the designers are in the running. It was nice to finally see Jeffrey show that he is a human underneath all that arrogance and swagger. And he needs to rein in that ego, based on the dress he showed this challenge. It looked like a slutty Snow White Halloween costume! Overall, all the designs were disappointing. I don’t really have a big problem with Uli’s designs all being similar. As a customer, I know if I want a certain look, I can go to her and she will deliver. I can’t wait to see what they show for their collections. I just hope Michael avoids eveningwear and sticks to sportswear. I would buy his casual clothing in a minute!

Click here to read all of the previous Project Runway posts.

Marla on

I think Michael should have capitalized on this Pam Grier hot pants and the reversible dress, and created some type of 4-piece ensemble. That’s all I could think of when I saw his final dress on the runway.

How smashing:

the two piece Pam Grier set, to include a short jacket so you could wear the halter top to work (and get rid of the jacket at night), and a nice wrap (reversible) skirt that you wear during the day and ditch for the shorts at night. The shorts take up so little space that they could hide out in your desk drawer until you needed them.

Rachel on

I think with Uli taking Michael’s model, it threw him off a bit ….maybe.. maybe not! I love his designs and the way he puts fabric/design/color/makeup/accessories etc. together … I really felt for him in the last challenge and i totally did not like the dress.. definitely so not michael! he is my favourite so i hope he wins.

Gina on

First of all, Uli and Laura are just driving me up the wall. Although Uli did a good job with the dress this week, I’m getting annoyed with her “prints” and the overall design of her dresses which are so predictable and boring. Same goes out to Laura as well. She needs to cut it out with the deep neck cut short dresses. She has no variety and makes the same dresses every single darn week. They don’t deserve the title “designer.” Shame on them. Of the four, I’m rooting for Michael and Jeffery. However, Michael did a horrible job with this week’s dress. I mean the model’s breasts were just hanging out of the dress! nasty! Neway, too bad Project Runway kicked off Keith. He was the best.

jen on

first: i LOVE this freakin’ show!! next: NOT cool that uli took michael’s model. at all. i was also very disappointed that they kept all four contestants. i think jeffrey needed the boot. they are all very different in styles yes, but jeffrey is not up to par w/the other three. and the lame attempt to show that he might have a ‘softer’ side w/showing his kid on father’s day? it freaked me out just knowing the guy reproduced!!!
to those of you who keep saying uli is predictable and all her stuff looks the same: anyone who has an eye for fashion, tell me you can’t pick out missoni or chanel or marc jacobs or cavalli JUST BY LOOKING AT IT. it’s called the designer’s signature style?!? her stuff is great. as is michael’s. i think it’ll be between the two of them ultimately. i can’t wait to see who wins. coming from someone who hates ‘reality tv’, this is a great show concept and i hope they keep it as real as possible for next season!

Maria on

I was really happy that no one was eliminated because I they are all so different and it would be really interesting to see all of their creations. Although, Michael is my favorite, I got really nervous that he was going to be eliminated. I like how Jeffrey comes up with new ideas unlike Uli and Laura. Their designs look the same everytime. I am getting tired of seeing printed, flowy dresses and lace sequin dresses that they keep making.

MArmani on

Uli didn’t “Steal” Michael’s model! They get a chance to pick whichever model they want which is why there is a choice from week to week. I’m not a huge fan of either of them so I’m not taking sides. I just think that people are making an issue out of something that isn’t wrong, it’s just the way the competition works.

Alex on

I think Nazri was Uli’s model for the dog challenge which she won so maybe we was hoping for another win with her – you can’t blame a girl for wanting what is best for her clothes!

J on

Was anyone else surprised that the judges loved Uli’s dress? She is the same every week. This week the only the that changed was the dress was short!! I think she should have been gone.

m barber on

It was so aful for Uli to take Michael’s model and Jeff should just go home now

m barber on

Laura is just boring, Michael is good, Jeff needs to go back to the Pop Culture and Uli just makes me dizzy with all the prints

Next | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Show All