09/14/2006 at 10:58 AM ET

Last night’s episode ten of Project Runway began with a twist. At a “party” for the designers, Heidi Klum revealed the hidden benefits of winning earlier challenges — she brought back Vincent and Angela for one more challenge, meaning that three contestants would be cut at the end of the challenge. They were tasked with creating a cocktail dress out of only black and white and had to use every last scrap of fabric that they bought in the final garment. Laura grappled with self-doubt, and Jeffrey grappled with Angela being back. With guest judge Zac Posen looking on, Laura won for her young and chic lace babydoll dress. Vincent and Angela were cut once more, as was southern boy Kayne. Click through to the next page to read more and leave a comment.

Photo: Courtesy BravoTV

I felt nauseous when I saw Angela and Vincent back. My two least favorite! And it just seemed sadistic. Who didn’t know they were the weak links and would get kicked right back off? I thought Jeffrey’s dress looked like an alpine hooker- “cheap” was an understatement. I liked poor Kayne’s simple mini better- I will miss him. He seemed like the kind of guy you’d like to have brunch with. Now I am so psyched to go to the runway show in the Tents on Friday!! (More on that to come. . .)

Yes, bringing the taste-challenged Angela and skeevy (“I’ll make beautiful music all my life”) Vincent back on was clearly just an attempt to add more aggravation to the competition for no reason. All they did was prove they were rightly kicked off in the first place. As for auf wiedersehen-ing Kayne instead of Jeffrey (even though Jeffrey’s outfit was clearly hein), it was totally reminiscient of Santino and Wendy Pepper’s overextended stays in seasons past. And finally: Laura. Is. A. Rock. Star. She gives Heidi a run for her hot momma money and still managed to make a rocking dress.

Am I getting too Project Runway-jaded? I thought this episode was rather tedious and a big snooze. I mean seriously, we all knew there was no way either Angela or Vincent could possibly compete with the
remaining contestants on a skill level. And didn’t we all know that Kayne, though sweet, would be the next too go? I’m worried about Uli. If she doesn’t try to stretch herself for the next challenge, she could be next. Michael is blessed. He’s got it… This was first the episode in which Laura seemed human. And her dress was adorable! I’d buy it!

So glad, too, to see Laura finally win (since it was clear she was the reason Angela “won” the Macy’s challenge). Was sorry to see Kayne go; Jeffrey is evil, if talented.

Loved having Pinenut and Angela comeback. I think you all are jaded: Vincent is great! Maybe not the great designer he thinks he is, but a hilarious addition to the show. Can’t wait for the reunion.

My husband, who (true story) made a fashion reference to the Bay City Rollers this morning, agrees with me.

When the teaser for this episode showed Laura whining, “I don’t care about the Olsen twins,” I was positive that the special guests for this episode were going to be Mary-Kate and Ashlee. Imagine my horror when, instead, we were given Rosette Queen and Vincent “Get Me Off” Libretti. Ew. Ew a thousand times ew. The challenge was, at first, not too hard — make a cocktail dress out of black and white fabric. That seemed fine, but having to use all the fabric was the real issue. Michael, I thought, had the very clever idea of using it to line the purse. And his outfit was, in my opinion, the real winner. (I didn’t love Laura’s dress.) The worst outfit had to be Jeffrey’s, though. It looked like something from a 1986 Bananarama video! I thought Uli’s dress was okay, but I have to agree with Michael Kors: We do get a variation on the same dress every challenge. I’d love to see her design something very body conscious. And Vincent… Ugh. That’s all I can say. I can’t wait to see next week’s!

I am so happy for Laura’s win and I really did like her dress. It was probably the only one up there (other than Michael’s) that I would actually wear to a cocktail party. I thought Jeffery came dangerously close to getting eliminated, but then there wouldn’t be any fun left. What a terrible surprise seeing Angela and Vincent again. Of course they didn’t disappoint us: There was a rosette on Angela’s dress and Vincent’s was terrible. What was he thinking with that cape thing? It was good to see them go yet again. I really did almost cry seeing Kayne go. He is just so nice! Uli’s dress was pretty but the sleeves killed it and Jeffrey’s, well, no comment. I’m not exactly sure what kind of cocktail party that was going to. I think he might be the next to go.I am so happy for Laura’s win and I really did like her dress. It was probably the only one up there (other than Michael’s) that I would actually wear to a cocktail party. I thought Jeffery came dangerously close to getting eliminated, but then there wouldn’t be any fun left. What a terrible surprise seeing Angela and Vincent again. Of course they didn’t disappoint us: There was a rosette on Angela’s dress and Vincent’s was terrible. What was he thinking with that cape thing? It was good to see them go yet again. I really did almost cry seeing Kayne go. He is just so nice! Uli’s dress was pretty but the sleeves killed it and Jeffrey’s, well, no comment. I’m not exactly sure what kind of cocktail party that was going to. I think he might be the next to go.

Watching Kayne slug his champagne and call Vincent and Angela “heifers” and “bitches” when they returned to the show was worth the entire episode. Of course, it’s not suprising that neither of them lasted — it was actually kind of pathetic when they were the first to go and just slinked off the stage. I agree that it seemed a bit sadistic to bring them back. As for Laura, it was nice to see her show human emotion — her pregnancy hormones were definitely ramped up. I didn’t love her dress — I much preferred Michael’s (love that intricate cummerbund!). Uli does need to experiment with her designing — fast. She does keep repeating the same patterns over and over again. And Kayne really didn’t seem lost from the start of the episode — maybe Vincent and Angela’s return just sent him over the edge.

I can’t wait to see the Project Runway show at the tents either — it’s going to be great to see a whole collection from each of the finalists. Oh — and I saw Angela on the street the other day going into the subway. What do you think I did? Scanned her outfit for rosettes. Bingo! There was one on her pocketbook. Wouldn’t expect anything less….

Angeles Berg on

I loved Michael’s dress. He should have won.
Angeles

fouzia said on

congratulations jeffrey, you deserved it and you were real, I just loved your personality and your creation. You are awsome.After what you went through with Lora bless your heart.

Maurya on

I don’t know what those judges were thinking. Hands down Uli took the show and if they were judging the final show to give the overall crown to even though throuout the season clearly michael showed to be the most versitile, Uli was the one who stepped out of her shell for the collection. Jeffery’s collection was the same old boring “gwen steffani” look we expected from him. But I guess they were looking out of the same glasses they had on for the couture project.

Free Downloads on

I enjoy, lead to I found just what I used to be looking for. You’ve ended my 4 day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

Next | 1 | 2 | 3 | Show All