09/14/2006 at 10:58 AM ET

Last night’s episode ten of Project Runway began with a twist. At a “party” for the designers, Heidi Klum revealed the hidden benefits of winning earlier challenges — she brought back Vincent and Angela for one more challenge, meaning that three contestants would be cut at the end of the challenge. They were tasked with creating a cocktail dress out of only black and white and had to use every last scrap of fabric that they bought in the final garment. Laura grappled with self-doubt, and Jeffrey grappled with Angela being back. With guest judge Zac Posen looking on, Laura won for her young and chic lace babydoll dress. Vincent and Angela were cut once more, as was southern boy Kayne. Click through to the next page to read more and leave a comment.

Photo: Courtesy BravoTV

I felt nauseous when I saw Angela and Vincent back. My two least favorite! And it just seemed sadistic. Who didn’t know they were the weak links and would get kicked right back off? I thought Jeffrey’s dress looked like an alpine hooker- “cheap” was an understatement. I liked poor Kayne’s simple mini better- I will miss him. He seemed like the kind of guy you’d like to have brunch with. Now I am so psyched to go to the runway show in the Tents on Friday!! (More on that to come. . .)

Yes, bringing the taste-challenged Angela and skeevy (“I’ll make beautiful music all my life”) Vincent back on was clearly just an attempt to add more aggravation to the competition for no reason. All they did was prove they were rightly kicked off in the first place. As for auf wiedersehen-ing Kayne instead of Jeffrey (even though Jeffrey’s outfit was clearly hein), it was totally reminiscient of Santino and Wendy Pepper’s overextended stays in seasons past. And finally: Laura. Is. A. Rock. Star. She gives Heidi a run for her hot momma money and still managed to make a rocking dress.

Am I getting too Project Runway-jaded? I thought this episode was rather tedious and a big snooze. I mean seriously, we all knew there was no way either Angela or Vincent could possibly compete with the
remaining contestants on a skill level. And didn’t we all know that Kayne, though sweet, would be the next too go? I’m worried about Uli. If she doesn’t try to stretch herself for the next challenge, she could be next. Michael is blessed. He’s got it… This was first the episode in which Laura seemed human. And her dress was adorable! I’d buy it!

So glad, too, to see Laura finally win (since it was clear she was the reason Angela “won” the Macy’s challenge). Was sorry to see Kayne go; Jeffrey is evil, if talented.

Loved having Pinenut and Angela comeback. I think you all are jaded: Vincent is great! Maybe not the great designer he thinks he is, but a hilarious addition to the show. Can’t wait for the reunion.

My husband, who (true story) made a fashion reference to the Bay City Rollers this morning, agrees with me.

When the teaser for this episode showed Laura whining, “I don’t care about the Olsen twins,” I was positive that the special guests for this episode were going to be Mary-Kate and Ashlee. Imagine my horror when, instead, we were given Rosette Queen and Vincent “Get Me Off” Libretti. Ew. Ew a thousand times ew. The challenge was, at first, not too hard — make a cocktail dress out of black and white fabric. That seemed fine, but having to use all the fabric was the real issue. Michael, I thought, had the very clever idea of using it to line the purse. And his outfit was, in my opinion, the real winner. (I didn’t love Laura’s dress.) The worst outfit had to be Jeffrey’s, though. It looked like something from a 1986 Bananarama video! I thought Uli’s dress was okay, but I have to agree with Michael Kors: We do get a variation on the same dress every challenge. I’d love to see her design something very body conscious. And Vincent… Ugh. That’s all I can say. I can’t wait to see next week’s!

I am so happy for Laura’s win and I really did like her dress. It was probably the only one up there (other than Michael’s) that I would actually wear to a cocktail party. I thought Jeffery came dangerously close to getting eliminated, but then there wouldn’t be any fun left. What a terrible surprise seeing Angela and Vincent again. Of course they didn’t disappoint us: There was a rosette on Angela’s dress and Vincent’s was terrible. What was he thinking with that cape thing? It was good to see them go yet again. I really did almost cry seeing Kayne go. He is just so nice! Uli’s dress was pretty but the sleeves killed it and Jeffrey’s, well, no comment. I’m not exactly sure what kind of cocktail party that was going to. I think he might be the next to go.I am so happy for Laura’s win and I really did like her dress. It was probably the only one up there (other than Michael’s) that I would actually wear to a cocktail party. I thought Jeffery came dangerously close to getting eliminated, but then there wouldn’t be any fun left. What a terrible surprise seeing Angela and Vincent again. Of course they didn’t disappoint us: There was a rosette on Angela’s dress and Vincent’s was terrible. What was he thinking with that cape thing? It was good to see them go yet again. I really did almost cry seeing Kayne go. He is just so nice! Uli’s dress was pretty but the sleeves killed it and Jeffrey’s, well, no comment. I’m not exactly sure what kind of cocktail party that was going to. I think he might be the next to go.

Watching Kayne slug his champagne and call Vincent and Angela “heifers” and “bitches” when they returned to the show was worth the entire episode. Of course, it’s not suprising that neither of them lasted — it was actually kind of pathetic when they were the first to go and just slinked off the stage. I agree that it seemed a bit sadistic to bring them back. As for Laura, it was nice to see her show human emotion — her pregnancy hormones were definitely ramped up. I didn’t love her dress — I much preferred Michael’s (love that intricate cummerbund!). Uli does need to experiment with her designing — fast. She does keep repeating the same patterns over and over again. And Kayne really didn’t seem lost from the start of the episode — maybe Vincent and Angela’s return just sent him over the edge.

I can’t wait to see the Project Runway show at the tents either — it’s going to be great to see a whole collection from each of the finalists. Oh — and I saw Angela on the street the other day going into the subway. What do you think I did? Scanned her outfit for rosettes. Bingo! There was one on her pocketbook. Wouldn’t expect anything less….

Esti on

Michael, Michael, Michael! I cannot get enough of this guy! His dress was chic, sexy and looked fabulous on his model. As stated earlier, he can’t win them all, but I really hope he takes it home! As for Laura, her dress was sexy but reminded me very much of an earlier outfit she wore on the show. As for Jeffrey, I don’t have very many nice things to say… His cocky attitude has turned me off.

Patty on

It did seem a bit sadistic to bring back Angela & Vincent and indulge their delusions once more. Alison also won a team challenge; so why wasn’t she brought back?
Once again, Michael proved that simple and well made is sexy. Laura also dazzled with her design & I was glad to see her win one-especially with her confidence so shaken. Uli is a one-note designer. Her variations of “The Dress” are getting really boring! (loved the Micael Kors’ impression!;) Jeffery is designing for today’s hooker. That outfit didn’t just scream ‘cheap’, it screamed “$50 for the evening”.
Lastly, sad to see Kayne go-mainly for his spirit & humor. Though his taste level was questionable, his quips were priceless.

melly on

Congrats Laura, she finally got a well deserved win!
That dress was very beautiful as was Michael’s.

Katie on

I’m so upset that Kayne left! He is such an interesting designer (I bought my senior prom dress two years ago from his boutique here in Norman!).

As for Angela and Vincent…there was a reason they got kicked off in the first place. Angela wouldn’t know style if it kicked her in that snooty face of hers. And Vincent…well…he just doesn’t understand a woman’s body.

JEFFREY’S DRESS WAS HIDEOUS! What kind of cocktail party was he thinking of? A party with a bunch of 80s hookers? He should have left but, I suppose, they wanted to continue with some drama, which would be gone if Jeffrey left.

Uli will be the next go. She is obsessed with the beachy look, and it’s getting old.

Michael should win it all, honestly. That dress of his was just gorgeous.

Though, I’m glad to see Laura creating a dress that a 20 year old like myself would wear. Loved it!

Bonita on

Michael should win hands down. However, you know how these reality show are. They are going to throw in a monkey wrench. I am keeping my fingers crossed for him!!

Melinda on

When I look at the body of work from the different designers, a few emerge with their own signature style which is what I thought the judges are looking for. Jeffery definitely has the “trampy rocker” look, Uli has the “free-spirit”, Laura has “sophistication” nailed…but Michael…hmmm, he has designed some great looks, but what really is his style? To win it all…should you be identified with your own signature style? Eventhough, I think that my personal style is closer to Uli’s … I hope Laura wins. I’m a homeschool mother of 3. I appreciate Laura’s determination not to cave into the sweats uniform. She has a standard…in my books a high standard. I see a soon to be mother of 6 giving it her best shot. Many a day I feel like I’m just treading water with my 3. I’m impressed that she still has HER dreams and does it with such style. Go Laura!

Karen on

I was a fan until this last episode. Kane steps out of his comfort zone and although it was not really black and white I feel it would be a dress my daughter or I would wear. On the other hand, Jeffrey’s dress was dog wear. He never changes his style and it almost always looks cheap. So why not “auf” Jeffrey? Jeffrey is also a miserable human being, not whom I would want my kids to emulate? Doesn’t matter though because now I’m “auf” as of this show. Better luck next time.

Sophia on

i LIKE jeffrey. i think he designs beautifully and there’s a definate statement made in every one of his clothes. he’s a great creative thinker and although he obviously gets obnoxious i applaud him for keeping it real. he didn’t mince words when talking about other designs and though he gets very arrogant i think he’s entitled to a little bit of that. i mean look at his clientele BEFORE the show. i just think there’s something so strong and singularly unique in everyone of his looks. the other designers are incredibly talented yes and they all have differing points of views. but i think jeffrey’s designs has that certain quality, an incredibly unique signature and spin on all his clothes really makes you look. you don’t necessarily want to wear his clothes, but it’s that effect that jay mccaroll had on his designs, what mcqueen and a lot of times balenciaga does. i’m not saying he’s there yet but his designs have that amazing potential. and to me, that’s what project runway is all about. oh and ps. i think project runway really worked on villainizing the guy.

tiffany on

I THINK THEY ALL HAVE A DISTINCT STYLE. JEFFREY DRESS WAS PRETTY TO ME. I THINK MICHAEL SHOULD WIN BECAUSE HE SHOWS MORE RANGE THAN THE OHTERS. I REALLY LIKED KAYNE AND THINK HE HAS A LOT OF TALENT , BUT HIS CLOTHES WERE MORE CUSTOM STYLE. HE REALLY DIDN’T HAVE THE TASTE LEVEL TO APPEAL TO A LARGE AUDIENCE. MICHAEL REALLY HAS THE WHOLE PACKAGE. NO ONE PUTS EFFORT INTO THE WHOLE PRESENTATION LIKE HE DOES. ULI PLEASE WITH THE PRINTS. HER DRESSES ARE FAB THOUGH.

TIFFANY on

I LIKED ANGELA’S CLOTHES, THEY WERE FUN AND WHIMSICAL AND I CAN DEFINITELY SEE A FAN BASE FOR HER. SHE REALLY CAN DO HER OWN BOUTIQUE AND SUCCEED.

Next | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next | Show All