08/24/2006 at 10:40 AM ET

Last night’s episode six of Project Runway gave the designers a very personal challenge: to create a fashion-forward look for the everyday woman– with their mothers and sisters as the models! The twist was that no one could select their own family member to design for, and some of the designers ended up with their not-so favorite contestant’s mom. The sparks flew between Jeffrey and Angela‘s mother, and tears were shed by many. Michael and Uli once again shone, but Vincent ended up being the surprise winner. Angela and Jeffrey barely stayed in, while Robert was voted out for being continually boring. Click through to the next page to read more and leave a comment.

Photo: Courtesy of Bravo

I almost had to get a box of kleenex to watch this episode! Everyone was bawling every 2 seconds. There were so many shockers on this one- it was like watching a soap opera! Laura is pregnant with her 6th child and broke it to her mother in front of Michael Kors and his mother Joan! Jeffrey was so sweet to his mother, who clearly adores him, and was so unbelievably nasty for poor Angela’s mom. I am sad to see Robert go, as apparently was the rest of the cast (more tears), but I have to say, I would have been flummoxed if I had gotten the largest woman in the group too. Waaaaaah. I hope next week’s episode is more of an upper.

On the brighter side, I can’t believe how good: a. Uli’s mom looks. Damn,girl. Uli should be psyched about how well she is going to age b. how much I liked Vincent’s dress. I was so sure he was going to lose this week.

Being forced to think outside of size 0, 5’11" supermodel box seemed a challenge to the designers, who were asked to make everyday clothes for their fellow contestants moms and sisters. Poor Robert was sent home for his lack of creativity. Though I really  like him, I have to agree with the decision. It did seem like he just cut a few holes in a sheet of fabric. Uli really worked with the "everyday" woman though and went for the pattern making her plus-size model look totally chic- one of my favorite looks.
Jeffery came close to getting the boot and the way he talked to Angela’s mom really had me hoping it was his turn to go. In the end I didn’t think his outfit was THAT bad, but the customer is always right.

This might just be my favorite PR episode EVER. I mean this challenge  is really a wake-up call like no other: These are the women of America. Dress them! And there’s was so much personal baggage floating around the room, it really showed everyone’s true colors. On that note: Well done Vincent! Even though he has seemed like psycho on past occasions, he was mature and professional and amazingly positive. Yes, he had the GORGEOUS Mrs. Uli Mom’s as a model, but he did a great job. I personally think Uli’s outfit for Kayne’s mom was just a little bit more interesting. It was so flattering and perfect for her coloring and size. It was perfect.

Jeffrey.. well, what can we say about Jeffrey. I want to like him, because he the rebel-underdog, but he’s such a whiney, spoiled brat, he makes it impossible. Angela is still a twit with bad taste. It will be fun to see their next showdown.

I was never a fan of Robert or his work. I found myself missing Alison throughout the episode. Wouldn’t you have loved to see her mom? Or Malan’s? Poor Malan. I still pine for him.

Jeffrey was so horrible to Angela’s mom and his mom said absolutely nothing to him about his behavior. Is it that she was afraid if she scolded him for the disgusting way that he treated her that he’d fall off the wagon or go back to being a junkie? I wanted to punch him in his tattooed neck!

At least the rest of the episode was heartwarming (A Very Special Project Runway…). How much did you love Uli’s mom? Despite their language barrier, her interaction with Vincent was adorable. And props to Vincent for actually creating a stylish dress that didn’t look like it came from the Twilight
Zone. I loved the outfit that Uli created for Kayne’s mom (how funny was she saying she was going to work it on the runway and embarrass Kayne??) and Michael, as usual, came up with a fierce design.

A final thought: Is anyone wondering how in the heck Laura manages to look as impeccably styled and svelte as she does with five kids and now another on the way? What’s up with that??

Change is good. Jeffrey is bad. How can anyone be so mean to someone else’s mother? Why doesn’t he just kick a few puppies and steal preschoolers’ lunch money while he’s at it? All I know is that if he ever pulled that crap on MY mom, the authorities would need that stupid neck tattoo to ID his cold, lifeless body.

So many thoughts, so little order:
1. Jeffrey should have gone home, and not because he made whiny Mama Angela cry. Yes, Robert was boring but his client was happy (wasn’t that the challenge?) and the outfit didn’t make you want to point and laugh, as Jeffrey’s did.

2. Loved Joan Kors, though when she spoke she reminded me of Kathleen Turner playing Chandler’s drag queen father on "Friends."

3. Why didn’t we get Heidi’s mater? Nina’s mami? Tim’s mom? Was so hoping for that.

4. Did anyone else rewind the lesbian kiss in the Orbitz.com commercial? We did. (Remember, I watch PR with my husband…) Way hotter than the bitchslap in the "Workout" finale promo.

5. Six children? That’s nothing for a woman who stands all day and most of the night sewing in heels while pregnant and poured into a form-fitting pencil shirt. Go Laura! Your clothes are a little dull, but we who went through pregnancy in nothing but yoga pants, tunics and backless sneakers salute you.

6.  Finally, YAY PINENUT! We’re so happy to see Weird Vincent win a challenge. Even my husband, who takes the words "wash and wear" and "one size fits all" at face falue, could see that Vincent was the clear winner.

p.s. since i was on vacation last week, a moment of silence for Zayra getting booted off Rockstar. The stage clothes are far, far less interesting without her.

Captain Cranky strikes again! Of course, I’m talking about Jeffrey. The way he treated Angela’s mom was absolutely inexcusable. And that weird patchwork dress was just another insult. When this season first started, I thought Travis Barker — er, Jeffrey– would be someone to root for, but nothing he’s designed has been that impressive. The more his fashions disappoint on the runway, the meaner and snottier he gets behind the scenes. Laura apparently learned from her near wardrobe malfunction from the last episode and kept her girls restrained in a turtleneck. Too bad she didn’t restrain her mouth — I can’t believe she let it fly that she’s pregnant! But the biggest surprise in this episode had to be Robert’s dismissal. Kayne must be crying into his pageant programs. Granted, I was worried it was coming if Robertdidn’t throw some Santino-like touches onto his designs, but for some reason the judges decided to keep Jeffrey’s dress (apparently made of funeral bunting) to get rid of Robert’s basic, if uninspired, outfit. Oh well. I wish he had ripped the fringe off of Angela’s goofy dress and used it to spice up his getup. After all, it just made her outfit look like a lampshade in a brothel, not something the every day woman would wear!

Naz on

I agree with those of you who believed Angela’s mom to be a passive-aggressive and manipulative woman. She, like Laura’s mom, could have been more graceful about the situation by acting like a mom… and not just to her own child. She probably isn’t used to being around such eclectic and creative people with lots of tattoos & so she felt threatened by Jeffrey. However, she’s clearly older than him and as a mother she could have had a much better approach instead, she very comfortably fell into her fat-girl victim role. Quite frankly, I doubt anything would have looked right on her. Also, keep in mind that Jeffrey used to live on the streets, I think we should praise him for his recovery and his ability to relatively keep his cool with the “victimized mom” than bash him for not being able to create a nice outfit with Angela’s mom’s negative voice and energy around him. Angela and her mom both need to seek some therapy.

Sharon on

I love this show!! It is the only one I really look forward to every week. I was really appalled to see the behavior of Jeffrey last night. Wow, is he an angry man. Now I salute anyone who has overcome their problems with addiction and I commend him for staying sober. However, that does not give a person the right to suddenly be downright mean to other people. Somewhere in his recovery he forgot how to be grateful and loving. I wonder if Jeffrey has always been an angry person, drunk or sober? Sometimes, even when someone gets healthy, it doesn’t always improve their core nature of being a mean, jealous, or vindictive person. You would think that starting over would mean you are a new person, but sadly that isn’t always the case. I hope he has a chance to see his behavior on TV and make amends and learn soomething about himself.

Anne on

I’ve worked with many bright, talented substance abusers in recovery. That anger Jeffrey displayed comes quickly, begins with fear and is rooted in the biochemistry within his brain. On a good day, he is having to control more fear and anger than the rest of us deal over our entire lives. Given that he so wanted to do a good job while appearing before millions of people, some of who will make or break his career, Jeffrey displayed remarkable control. Yes, of course his behavior was rude. No one knows it better than him. And the hard work of his recovery shows.

Leasa on

Uli should have won this challenge — her outfit definitely complimented Kayne’s mother’s coloring and body shape. Uli’s and Michael’s were the only ones I could honestly imagine any woman wearing. Vincent’s dress was boring bordering on sophomoric – no collar in the back? What was that? It look like he ran out of fabric or just plain couldn’t figure out how to make one. I am disgusted with the show b/c it is so painfully obvious that the show is more concerned with ratings than actual work. Vincent is still there…I’ll tell you folks, I look at Michael Kors’ clothes now and wonder what he thinks since the decisions on this show are so bizarre. I wonder if anyone else does that as well.
Laura and 6 kids – you go girl. Just do me a favor Laura –the promo showing your children running around the house with baseball bats while you pose looking chic makes me very nervous….no matter what happens on PR, PLEASE take the baseball balls away from the children and tell them to behave in the house!!!!

allison on

I know that Jeffery was rude to Angela’s mom and everything, but come on people! Stop acting so outraged by it because A) he was under an incredible amount of stress. Could you make a garment for an uncooperative woman with a body type you’ve never made a garment for before in a day? B) All his other designs were amazing and he is an incredible designer, and C) say it with me people, REALITY TV SHOW.Everyone can stop being so insensed like it actually happened to them. It didn’t. But of course, that’s only my opinion.

Kim on

Hard work of his recovery? Do it on his own time, if Jeffery is such a mess that he can’t deal with his career challenges professionally, then he should spend some more time alone, instead of being a calloused ass who couldn’t make it in the real proffesional world.

ginny allee on

come on get real. jeffrey was a horse’s ass. no matter what a mother says and does you do not respect a person who is older than you. what has happened to jeffrey to make him soo evil.i guess his mother should have been treated the same way. jeffrey,vincent and angela has to go. i thjink jeffrey has the hots for angela and she won’t give him the time of day. that’a why he is so mean. try kayne, now that robert is gone he may need a friend.

projectrunwayluvr on

OMG jefferey was terrible on that episode! How could he possibly be so mean to angelas poor mom…i totally want to punch him in the face after that episode! The worst part is they didnt make a good outfit either…i really wanted to see jeffery leave the show instead of robert….poor robert….btw his sister is GORGEOUS!!!

so is uli’s mom!!

Fredda on

I would like to agree with anyone who felt there was a basic unfairness built in to this challenge. A morbidly obese woman should not be categorized as the “Everyday Woman.” Women like me qualify: not a size two; more likely a size 12-14; figure having settled after menopause; bit of a spare tire; not buff but not shapeless either. Whoever posted the comment that all the relative models should have been equally heavy to be fair is right-on. Tell me, how do you design for a woman who is so overweight? And I don’t mean a size 16. Especially with 30 minutes to map out a design, and one day in which to “Make It Work.” The episode made for great tv, but it wasn’t a level playing field.

Sue VanKampen on

I think Jeremy was very much out of line. That lady was a big lady and just wanted to make sure he understood that she likes being covered. He is very prejudice told large ladies I think and I wouldn’t buy something of his if I could afford it just because of his prejudice attitude. I also think he should have been the one dropped this week. Thanx for letting me express my opinion.

Next | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Show All